MindMapper Basics plus important Features
MindMapper mind map software help files, found within the
program, explain how to read and write various files as well as
mind map files using MindMapper. Using our mind mapping
computer software you will find the way to create and read a new
file, or how to switch between mind map and text files. The
Branch shows how to create a mind map by adding branches after
opening a new map file. Primarily, our mind map software deals
with forming branches and other side topic about branches. For
example, MindMapper mind mapping computer software describes
making branches and choosing a style, determining a variety of
colors such as background color or branch line, choosing a
suitable icon for the branch and so forth. In addition, our mind
mapping computer software describes rearrangement of the
branches by means of copy, cut and move using a mouse is
The View section of the MindMapper help file
shows various ways to view this newly created mind map on the
screen. The orientation of the mind map is basically radial, but
it can be also from left to right, or top to bottom. Any change
in the orientation of the same mind map may create a different
effect with the mind map software. A variety of line shapes
connecting the branches can also be selected. Additionally, with
our mind mapping computer software, it is possible to magnify a
part of the mind map or hide an unnecessary lower branch. The
MindMapper Style section explains how to apply different styles
to a finished mind map or number label the branches. The
MindMapper Print section will show the procedure to print out
the complete mind map. While using this mind mapping computer
software, explanations are given for the overview of the mind
map or text file, choosing a printer, and selecting the margins
of the paper in addition to other functions before printing.
MindMapper mind map software utilization presents helpful
examples for utilizing MindMapper to fit your needs. For
example, Schedule Management function makes a mind map with
tasks to be done and sets up a schedule chart.
While using MindMapper mind map computer software,
associated file connection is the function of opening an
associated program file while creating a mind map. The
associated file connection part of our mind map software can
connect sound files as well as Word, Power Point, Excel, and the
process for connecting, opening, and deleting files is explained
with in help files.
Associated file connection is the function of opening an
associated program file while creating a map. It can connect sound files as well as Word,
Power Point, Excel, and the process for connecting, opening, and deleting files is
explained with in help files.
MindMapper Example files can be found in the mind map
software program whether purchased or downloaded for trial
period. It includes several mind maps created by the MindMapper.
More good mind map software examples from various topics will be
added in the future which can also be viewed here on our web
site at Your Examples.
Things To Know First
As shown in the figure
below, the definition of a mind map is an image of an idea with a topic in the center and
branched by other related topics.
A topic is a title of the idea you want to create as a mind map.
Branch is a small critical idea in a mind map, Branch line is the
line connecting branches between two adjacent levels. There is no limit for the branches
Level is a level of branches mapped around a topic. With our mind mapping
computer software, you may often see rings on the surface of a log or same kind
of pattern created by an object thrown into a pond. With MindMapper mind map
software, the same theory applies in the formation of a mind map as thoughts
spread out from the main topic. The number of levels might be limited by the
memory capacity of a computer, but there is no limit in theory. In the sample
mind map software map above, Level one consists of four branches (branch 1,
branch 2, branch 3, and branch 4). The eight branches from branch 1.1 to branch
4.2 define Level two.
The mind map software program uses not only radial form
but also other patterns. To understand information shown on
the mind map, you need to understand the basic principles of map
formation first. The MindMapper definition of Radial here is a
spider web-like arrangement of images derived from a topic in
the center. The further it spreads out from the center the more
detailed the map will be. With our mind mapping computer
software you can choose one of the next two directions to
arrange branches on a radial map. From a higher to lower point
on the mind map is the basic pattern.
Note is a description of each branch on the mind map created by a
The process of creating a note provides an
ability to apply a detailed description to each branch.
A note for each branch can be saved as a text file regardless
of the size of the note. In MindMapper,
word wrap is available.
WHAT IS MindMapper?
The limitation of thinking
MindMapper mind mapping computer software helps you get
beyond the limitations of thinking. The ability to arrange
information from many sources in a logical order has become the
most important factor for survival in this modern informational
world. The human brain has left and right brain symmetry with
its own nature and can process information that initially
appears to have no pattern or order. However, the brain has the
ability to process visual information much more efficiently.
The old linear pattern of thinking by reading and describing
from left to right, top to bottom has many problems in
organizing information coming from eyes, ears, etc... For
example, the ability to read and understand the context of a
book is different from memorizing them simply as sentences.
Producing an original composition on a selected topic does not
mean plagiarizing from another book but instead involves
describing your own thoughts as a sentence. Therefore, the most
essential, but also limited, ability to receive information and
express your thoughts is to make a habit of extracting essential
words and analyzing their co-relation.
Mind Map Software
Our Mind Map software uses a method of visualizing critical
parts of your thoughts much like spider web and it is created to
help to put your ideas in order. Here is a summary of the
benefits of MindMapper, mind map software, followed by the
concepts of mind map and its application.
- Mind map software provides the most favorable and
enjoyable method to organize thoughts in regard to the nature
of multidimensional and chaotic human brain activity. Why?
Because with mind mapping computer software you can see the
whole picture not just bits and pieces of scattered ideas.
- MindMapper mind mapping computer software naturally
improves the systematic ability and efficiency of brain
- Mind mapping with our Mind Map software naturally
improves your memory, concentration, innovation and
- MindMapper mind map software improves your understanding
of the relationship between facts.
- MindMapper mind map software improves structural and
theoretical analysis of complicated topics.
- Mind mapping computer software helps you to absorb and
process information more quickly and easily.
Characteristics of MindMapper
It is already a known fact that the mind map method can
improve the ability to think and study by organizing ideas much like drawing a map.
MindMapper is a mind mapping computer software program,
which makes the mind map method possible on a computer screen.
Here are the characteristics of MindMapper.
Various creation methods
With MindMapper mind mapping computer software, you can
finish a mind map by creating branches and notes by means of
keyboard and mouse, but sometimes you can use just the mouse to
copy parts of other mind maps or directly insert into branch
notes by copying parts of other word processor documents. Also,
MindMapper mind map software can be used to read other documents
as a mind map pattern by recognizing outlines automatically from
another file if the document is saved in text format.
Various MindMapper styles
While using MindMapper mind map software, the direction of
spreading branches is not only radial, but it can be continued
from left to right or up side down with only one mouse click
depending on the purpose of the user. In addition, the shape of
lines connecting branches can be linear, curved or anything to
fit your needs.
Convenient MindMapper functions
MindMapper mind map software provides convenient functions
to copy, move, cut branches, and select color and font in mind
map formation by using the keyboard and simple mouse operations.
Saving formats and file exchange
With MindMapper mind mapping computer software, you can save a
finished mind map as MAP, TXT, RTF, EMF,XML or HTML whichever file
format is needed. The process of transporting the finished mind
map to others is a very important function in terms of sharing and
MindMapper mind map software has various formats for
transporting the document depending on what the recipient
- Save as EMF file - When the complete map is transported as
a EMF file, it can be read and printed out in a universal word processor or drawing
program even though MindMapper is not installed.
- Save as TXT file - When the complete map is transported as
a TXT file, it can be read in a universal word processor and seen as a text document.
- Save as MAP file - In the case MindMapper mind
mapping software is
already installed, the transported map can be edited and corrected
MindMapper File connecting function
MindMapper mind mapping computer software can open a
connected file that was once saved for a specific branch on a
map. The files that can be connected are Excel, and Power
Point as well as other mind map files created by MindMapper. By
using this mind map software function, you can organize many
files in the map for use in different projects.
MindMapper OLE function
MindMapper mind mapping computer software supports OLE
function and open other applicable programs like a drawing,
sound files, spreadsheet, word processor documents and inserts
them into a map as a branch.
- Paste Microsoft Word document or from your favorite word processor
with our mind map software
- Paste Microsoft Excel chart with MindMapper mind map
- Paste drawing from a paint program with our mind map
- Paste sound file with our mind map software
- Paste most any other file type with MindMapper mind map
Transformation between mind map and document
With MindMapper mind mapping computer software, a mind map
can be transformed to a document and vice versa.
Map transformed into text document
Text document Transformed into map form
MindMapper Various print formats
With MindMapper mind mapping computer software,
a completed mind map may be printed out exactly the way it is shown
on the screen, but it can also be printed out in organized sentence
form. With MindMapper mind map software one large size mind
map can be printed out on several pages ( split printing is available
in many versions) but this generally depends on the user's printer.
MindMapper Schedule chart function
When When tasks are written down on the map and dates are
given to each item
MindMapper mind mapping computer software creates a schedule
chart (Gantt chart) automatically. On the chart, you can change
the dates and print using the mouse. MindMapper mind mapping
computer software can be used for purposes such as setting a
schedule, and management of progress. .
Applications of MindMapper
- With our mind mapping computer software, all types of
reports are created effectively using a mind map.
- MindMapper can be used to organize thoughts when writing a report.
- MindMapper can be applied to analyze the correlation of items in a business plan.
- MindMapper can be used effectively to plan for a new project or in making a schedule.
- MindMapper can improve the effectiveness of any meeting by organizing the minutes.
- MindMapper can be used to prepare notes for a speech.
- MindMapper can be used to prioritize multiple objectives in a project.
- MindMapper can be applied to make a structural map of a company.
- MindMapper can be used to make a blueprint of all kinds of projects.
- MindMapper is used for the presentation of project results.
- Using mind map software, computer files can be organized into different subject categories.
- Various file forms regarding a project can be connected to one
- MindMapper mind map software is useful to plan family events.
- A report can be more effective in a mind map form rather than in document form.
MindMapper Study Use
- MindMapper mind mapping computer software can eliminate wasted time and mental energy from writing in linear form.
- MindMapper mind map software can improve the efficacy of study by organizing lecture notes in map form.
- The ability to find the main topic can be improved by reading compositions and creating a map.
- With MindMapper mind mapping computer software, the process of creating a mind map can facilitate brainstorming in the production of a composition.
- Memory can be enhanced by organizing large amounts of information with a map.
- With MindMapper mind mapping computer software, the meaning of complex information becomes clearer when organized in map form.
- Through enhanced comprehension the ability of creative and systematic deduction can be discovered and developed.
- MindMapper mind map software can effectively outline the structure and content of a thesis.
1) MindMapper mind mapping computer software can be used to prepare and manage the contents of a lecture.
2) Mind map software can help in the management of a lecture schedule.
3) A text book organized in a mind map can present information to students more effectively.
4) Mind mapping computer software can also be used as a tool to test a level of comprehension of a lecture.